Thursday, April 15, 2010

THE SHEEPHERDERS DAUGHTER

That's me...just beginning blogging. I will be slow to start until I get the hang of this but I have great plans to write and write and write:o)

It donned on me how thankful I am to be getting involved in this blogging. I've always wondered when it was that I had my first miracle. It came to me as I was blogging this morning and writing about our little Maeser Chapel and President Heber J. Grant. The morning of the dedication of the new chapel, President Grant along with about twenty other men marched into Sunday School. I didn't know any of the men, but I knew President Grant. I was no more than 4 yrs. old. I remember it as the most beautiful morning. The sun was shining so bright. I remember I wore new black patent leather slippers and white anklets trimmed with lace. My mother had made me a pretty voile dress. My hair had been wrapped in rags the night before and I felt pretty special to have curly hair. As President Grant walked past me I felt a warm feeling touch my heart. I've felt that warm glow every since. I've never been without that feeling. It was about 81 years ago to be exact. That makes me 85 yrs. old today. I learned years and years later, the men with President Grant that special morning were the High Counsel men.

5 comments:

  1. YaY!!! So excited you are now part of the blogging world. Looking forward to seeing more updates on here :) Hope things are good with you! Loves and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are blogging! I can't wait to read what you write :) We miss you! Noah sends his love :) Love ya, Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Go Lela! You are a writer at heart. I am soooo very happy to see you blogging. Look forward...a lot to reading your posts. Love you tons....Always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lela, I can't wait to read all your forth coming posts. You should share all your wonderful angel stories with us. We love you!
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lela I was soooo excited when I heard you had set up your own blog....it's such a fun way to share your thoughts! You always have such great stories and you should share any memories that come to mind....can't wait to read whats to come. Go you!!!! Love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete